Week 2 Day 1

Block Diagramming Galatians

So for today's read through Galatian I worked on a block diagram of the whole book.  Block diagrams help me understand the flow of a particular book.  There are not hard and fast rules for my block diagram.  The purpose is primarily to help me understand the logical flow of the argumentation.  I put squares around direct quotes or Scripture references from the OT.  I also leave spaces between paragraphs, except when its the end of a page then I don't have a choice to have a space.  I often line up comparisons so I can see them clearly in the text.  I indent dependent clauses to show what each clause is dependent upon.  All of this is done to understand the passage better.  I will attach the PDF of the initial block diagram I came up with to this blog post.  Maybe one day this week you can read the book by reading it in this PDF.

One thing really stuck out to me in today's reading: Paul makes the application section of the letter very simple and easy to understand, Praise the Lord!

Father, as I study this book this month, please help me to understand it.  I want to grasp the main ideas and I want to apply them to my heart and life.  I need the Spirit to work in me for this to happen.  Lord, I am thankful I am saved not by works of the Law.  No one has ever been saved by keeping the Law and it is especially true of me.  I praise You, Abba Father, for saving me in Your Son.  Father, use me today to spread the good news of Jesus Christ.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog